How can you help secure North Carolina’s elections?
Here are some ways N.C. voters can help secure our elections:
- Please register and vote if eligible. To make sure it’s up to date, check your voter registration on the Voter Search Tool.
- Carefully review your selections on your ballot before casting it. Remember, once you put your ballot in the tabulator it cannot be retrieved, so it is important to make sure you have selected each desired ballot item.
- If you encounter any issues when voting, immediately report the issue to a precinct official at the polling place.
- Advocate for additional state or federal funding for cybersecurity improvements and new voting systems.
- Seek information about elections from trusted sources, such as the State Board and county boards of elections. Be mindful that information about elections that you find and share on social media may not be accurate.
- For regular updates on voting in North Carolina, follow the State Board on Twitter (@NCSBE) and Instagram (@ncstateboardofelections), and like us on Facebook (Facebook.com/NCSBE).
- Witness the process firsthand, serve your community—and get paid—by becoming a precinct official or election worker. For more information, contact your county board of elections or fill out the election worker interest survey.