NCSBE Campaign Finance Mandatory Compliance Training
Per Appointment of political treasurers. N.C.G.S. § 163-278.7(f), every treasurer of a political committee shall participate in training as to the duties of the office within three months of appointment and at least once every four years thereafter. The State Board of Elections shall provide the training as to the duties of the office in person, through regional seminars, and through interactive electronic means. The treasurer may designate an assistant treasurer to participate in the training if one is named under subdivision (b)(9) of this section. The treasurer may choose to participate in training prior to each election in which the political committee is involved. All such training shall be free of charge to the treasurer and assistant treasurer.
New account users must wait 24–72 hours after creating a user LMS account before all training opportunities will be available for registration. This is a system constraint with no exception.
How to Register
To register for and complete NCSBE Campaign Finance Mandatory Compliance Training (online or in-person), follow these steps:
- After reading through these instructions, click on the button link below to access the North Carolina Learning Center. New account users must wait 24–72 hours before all training opportunities will be available for registration.
- To create a new account, click on the link next to the word “Register” on the North Carolina Learning Center website.
- Complete all the required fields and then click “Login.” Required fields:
- First/Last Name
- Email Address
- User ID (recommended User ID is email address)
- EE Code (CF-Elections)
- Category (Associated State Agency)
- Association (Elections)
- Password requirements: Upper and lowercase letters, alpha and numeric characters, must be 8–20 characters, cannot have leading or trailing spaces, and cannot be the same as Username, User ID, or email address.
- From the Welcome page, search for training in the upper right corner. Enter the word “Campaign” and click the magnifying glass symbol.
- You should see multiple training options in your list. Click on the training title of your preference (NCSBE Candidate, Party & Referendum Committee Mandatory Campaign Finance Compliance Training or NCSBE Political Action Committee (PAC) Mandatory Campaign Finance Compliance Training depending on your type of committee), either the classroom or online session:
- The classroom session has a calendar symbol in red.
- The online session has a computer screen.
- If a classroom session is selected, you will be taken to the next screen to REQUEST the session you would like to attend. The system may not immediately provide you with a list of session dates to select from. If this happens you will need to log out and wait generally 24–72 hours to log in, the dates will then be available.
- You will be prompted to complete a short form for reporting purposes. Fill those out and then click “SUBMIT.” Required fields:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- You will also be asked for:
- Committee or Candidate Name and County: These should be completed, if applicable.
- If online training is selected, you will be taken to the next screen. Select “REQUEST.” Then select “REGISTER.” (The system will process your registration.) Then select “LAUNCH.” The course will proceed to load in a new window. There is currently no audio for the online training. If you encounter a problem viewing the training website or loading the training presentation, the following troubleshooting tips may provide assistance:
- If you are unable to open the training website it may be because you have a pop-up blocker for security reasons on your computer. You will need to configure your pop-up blocker to allow access to the training website.
- If you need to return to the course or after you have completed it (either online or in-person) you will use the User ID and password that you created to log back in to view and print your certificate from the transcript page.
For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find currently scheduled in-person (via webinar) training sessions: Campaign finance training schedules.
Please contact the State Board of Elections at email@example.com for information about one-on-one software training (these can be conducted via phone or online).
Other resources for using the Campaign Finance Remote Filing Software to file campaign finance reports can be found on the Campaign Finance Reporting Software page of our website.
Officers of Federal Committees that register with the North Carolina State Board of Elections are not required to complete the compliance training. Please contact the State Board of Elections at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the requirements for Federal Committees registered with the FEC that may need to also register with our office.
Additional Training Information
Find individual completion dates of the mandatory compliance training by downloading the spreadsheet in the Campaign Finance folder on the FTP. The filename is “READ_ONLY_Mandatory_Compliance_Training_[date updated].xls.” If you have questions please send an email to email@example.com.