Voter Tools and Forms
Access and view descriptions of our seven voter tools below. For an alternative view, see the Voter Tool platform home page.
- Voter Search: Check your voter registration status, sample ballot, party affiliation, Election Day polling place, election districts, voter history (elections you’ve participated in), and absentee ballot information.
- County Boards of Elections Search: Find contact information for your county board of elections office.
- One-Stop Early Voting Site Search: Find early voting sites and schedules for the upcoming election. Voting sites change for each election and become available when finalized.
- Election Day Polling Place Search: Enter a residential address to find your polling place. You may also use the Voter Search to find your polling place.
- Voter Registration Statistics Search: See voter registration data, refreshed weekly on Saturday mornings.
- Provisional Search: Check the status of a provisional ballot you cast.
- Petition Search: Find the current status of any petition in North Carolina.
Note: Under state law, a voter’s absentee ballot request information is not public record until the ballot is returned or until Election Day. Therefore, ballot request information will not appear in your voter record through the Voter Search as it did in the past.
Access or download a voter form and find details through the additional information below.
- N.C. Voter Registration Application:
- Online N.C. Voter Registration Application through the DMV (available to existing NCDMV customers)
- English N.C. Voter Registration Application (fillable PDF)
- Spanish N.C. Voter Registration Application (fillable PDF)
- Tip: Once you have requested your absentee ballot, you can track its status from printed to accepted by signing up online for status notifications through BallotTrax.
N.C. Absentee Ballot Request Form:
Find information about filling out the voter registration application at How to Register or Updating Registration. For more information about filling out the absentee ballot request form and voting by mail-in ballot, please visit Vote By Mail.