Resources for County Boards
Tools for Your Office
Use this page to locate tools for your county board of elections office, including answers to common inquiries, materials located on the FTP site, links related to State Topical Election Processes and Procedures (STEPPS), and other miscellaneous forms and resources.
Scan the County Board Kit to locate resources on our website for answering frequently asked questions from the media and general public.
Answers to 2020 Election Audit Inquiries
See Response to Calls for a Forensic Audit of 2020, Random Opening of Voting Machines if your county board of elections office is receiving these inquiries. Also, see 2020 Election Certification.
- Qualifications and Eligibility
- Voter Registration Deadlines
- Voter Preregistration
- Biennial List Maintenance
- List Maintenance Reports
- Managing Voter Registration: Applications
- Confidential Voters
- Voter Verification and Mailings
- North Carolina NVRA Program
- County NVRA Responsibilities
- NVRA Agency Responsibilities
- Election Day Voting
- Civilian Absentee Voting: Requests
- Civilian Absentee Voting: Deadlines
- Civilian Absentee Voting: Counting
- UOCAVA Absentee Voting: Who Qualifies?
- UOCAVA Absentee Voting: Requests & Registrations
- UOCAVA Absentee Voting: Transmitting Materials
- UOCAVA Absentee Voting: Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB)
- One-Stop Absentee (Early) Voting
- Provisional Voting: Overview
- Provisional Voting: Reasons
- Provisional Voting: Procedures