Candidate Filing Information
For all candidates filing at the State Board of Elections: Remember that our office location has changed. We are now located downtown at 430 North Salisbury Street, in the Dobbs Building. For directions and parking instructions to our building, please click here.
- Information about residency, age requirements, and reporting obligations is available under "Resources"
- Where to file:
- When to file:
- Candidate filing for most 2020 contests begins on December 2, 2019 at noon and ends on December 20, 2019 at noon.
- More information including filing fees and the updated notice of candidacy form will be made available in November.
- Some county offices, such as Soil and Water Conservation District Supervisor, will file during a different filing period.
- Please check with your county for information about filing fees and dates for county specific contests.