The Electioneering Communications reporting period is from 2/19/2018 to 5/8/2018 for the Primary Election and 09/07/2018 to 11/06/2018 for the General Election.
Electioneering communications are any broadcast, cable, satellite communication, mass mailing or telephone bank that has all of the following three characteristics:
- Refers to a clearly identified candidate for elected office
- In the case of the general election in November of the even-numbered year, is aired or transmitted after September 7 of that year, and in the case of any other election, is aired or transmitted within 60 days of the time set for absentee voting to begin.
- May be received by either:
- 50,000 or more individuals in the State in an election for statewide office or 7,500 or more individuals in any other election if in the form of broadcast, cable, or satellite communication.
- 20,000 or more households, cumulative per election, in a statewide election or 2,500 households, cumulative per election, in any other election if in the form of mass mailing or telephone bank.
An initial disclosure report is to be filed within 10 days of aggregated costs exceeding $5,000 and will then follow the regular schedule for subsequent reports. 48-Hour Notices (informational reports) are required when incurring an expense of $5,000 or more or receiving $1,000 or more for purposes of making an electioneering communication before an election but after the period covered by the last report.
CRO-2310: Electioneering Communications Report
CRO-2320: Controlling/Directing Entity List
CRO-2330: Receipts for Electioneering Communications
CRO-2340: Incurred Costs of Electioneering Communications
** If incurred expense is greater than $5,000, reports must be filed electronically.